The Top 7 Seller's Tips
Here are the top 7 tips for selling a home:
- Tip 1- Price your home competitively. Putting a good price on your home right out of the gate will give you a better chance of a getting a quick sale. You can find out how to price your home by asking your real estate agent for a list of the starting prices of other sold homes in your area, as well as their final prices.
- Tip 2- Craft your price. A large part of the house hunt is done online these days. By rounding your number to the nearest 10,000, your price will fit the search definitions commonly used by people house hunting on the internet.
- Tip 3- Get ready to lose some money. Your house may have been valued at a certain amount, but ultimately it’s worth what the potential buyers are willing to pay for it.
- Tip 4- Target your marketing. Consider what sort of audience your home would appeal to, and gear your marketing toward that audience. If, for example, you are targeting the younger home buyer, it is a good idea to use social networking and websites to market your home. You can create internet “curb appeal” by posting up plenty of good-quality pictures of your home.
- Tip 5- Keep your home clean. Outside of the open house, your home may be shown at any time. It pays to make sure it is as clean and uncluttered as it can be, to make a good impression on your potential buyers.
- Tip 6- Get the home move-in ready. Whether the home needs a coat of paint, or for the carpeting to be steam-cleaned, the last thing potential buyers want is a laundry list of things to do.
- Tip 7- Ask for advice. Your real estate agent is an excellent source of advice on what needs to be done to improve the value of your home, whether it is simply a new coat of paint, some landscaping, or some remodeling.